Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The City of Vista Presents: Vista Visions 2014

"High Tide" 20" by 24" oil on linen

"Young Art Critics" 6" by 6" oil on panel
I'm honored that two of my oil paintings were selected for the exhibit, which will run from February 22-April 3, 2014.
"High Tide", one of my "larger" paintings depicts a view at the San Clemente Pier, inspired by a plein air painting I produced for last summer's San Clemente Paint Out.  The plein air was awarded an "Honorable Mention" ribbon, and was sold at the Gala Reception following the paint out.  I still had my photo reference, and of course the experience of painting and studying the scene for my plein air certainly helped me to create this larger piece.
"Young Art Critics" was created from photo reference.  It depicts two of my favorite "20-somethings" enjoying a recent art exhibit.  It thrills me to think that our next generation is appreciative of and actively participating in the arts! I personally can't wait to see what contributions these two talented girls will produce in the next few years!

Vista Visions 2014
Vista Civic Gallery
200 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA  92084 
Exhibit runs from February 22-April 3, 2014
"High Tide" Awarded "Third Place" at the Exhibit!

At last Saturday's Opening reception, this piece was awarded a Third Place Ribbon!  Our esteemed judge, Daniel Foster (Executive Director at the Oceanside Museum of Art) gave a stellar report on his careful review and jurying of the exhibit. I was especially flattered by his comments about my work and this, one of my larger pieces.  Thank you Mr. Foster!


No comments:

Post a Comment