Wednesday, March 23, 2016

California Art Club 105th Annual Gold Medal Exhibition

I am deeply honored that The California Art Club has invited me to display among other distinguished painters at the 105th Annual Gold Medal Exhibition.

AUTRY MUSEUM OF THE AMERICAN WEST
4700 Western Heritage Way
Los Angeles, California  90027

Exhibition Dates: April 3-April 24, 2016
Museum Hours: 
Tuesday-Friday, 10:00am-4:00pm
Saturday-Sunday, 10:00am-5:00pm
Closed Monday

Artists' Gala Reception:
Saturday, April 2, 2016, 6:00pm



"Drawing Buddies" is 8" x 10", and depicts three of my young drawing students.  I've enjoyed teaching an after school enrichment program now for several years, and have been continually impressed with and inspired by the freshness and creativity of the children.  I hoped to convey their childlike approach to drawing, with eagerness and determination in each of their faces.  Drawing can be such a stimulating and rewarding activity, and one that I like to share and encourage in children.  

No comments:

Post a Comment