Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year PAAR

This very small oil painting (3" by 5"!) depicts a small group of PAAR (Plein Air Painters of Riverside) of which I have belonged for a few years.  At the close of 2008, I would have to say that being a member of this group has been one of the most enriching creative experiences of my career!  We are of varied backgrounds, yet we come together several times a month to share in our appreciation of this age old practice of "plein air painting".   The inspiration for this painting came from a cute picture that was taken of some of us before we painted at the DosLagos Golf Course in the spring of 2008.   Can you guess who's in it?  I sort of hope so since  I used a HUGE brush (as I have been advised to do from one of my PAAR friends) and tried to capture the comaradarie of this lively group of friends, with as little "detail" as possible. (for me that's a real challenge) For myself, being exposed to so many beautiful and talented people has been  a valued treasure for which 2008 will be remembered. Happy New Year and thank you for all the wonderful memories PAAR! I'm looking forward to another rewarding and fulfilling year as a plein air painter!

No comments:

Post a Comment