Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Visit to the Fechin House



   

        September, 2008- My husband and I traveled to Taos, New Mexico for a few days of painting workshops (me) and golf/photo taking (him).  The workshop I attended was at the famous Nicholai Fechin Museum/former home, and it was taught by an amazing painter, Jeffrey Watts ( of Watts Atelier in Encinitas, California).   To attend such an informative workshop in the former studio of one of the true "Masters" of our century was a memory and experience that I will forever cherish.   For three days, we painted models from life dressed in authentic  Native American attire in Mr. Fechin's spacious studio under north light.  While we were there, a photographer from American Artist Magazine snapped photos of us.  What a thrill to find a photo of Jeff and I on the front cover of the winter issue of American Artist/Workshop Magazine when I got my subscription in the mail!  My work was also shown in the article!  

4 comments:

  1. Wow...what a fabulous opportunity for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought mine yesterday! (And I pointed out to the person taking my money that MY FRIEND was on the cover!!!) Isn't she amazing??? WHY YES - SHE IS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words-I sure appreciate the support!
    "Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather is one of those things that give value to survival."
    - C. S. Lewis

    ReplyDelete