Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Telling a Story at Mystic Seaport
















Come See My Art "In Person"! I was fortunate enough to have this piece juried into the 40th Annual Multi Media Mini Show, on exhibit at the Redlands Art Association's Gallery and Art Center. The RAA's Multi Media Mini Show is unique in the Southern California area, as all the art is a maximum of 14 1/2" in any direction. The jurist chose the best 120 out of 380 pieces submitted. I know you will enjoy the show-please come! Exhibit runs through March 19, 2009. Redlands Art Association Gallery & Art Center 215 E. State Street, downtown Redlands Phone: 909-792-8435 Hours are: Monday through Saturday, 10am-5pm Open to the public. This a small oil painting (7"high, 5" wide) was inspired by a photo I took of my dad in front of the historic "Charles W. Morgan" at the Mystic Seaport in Connecticut in November of last year.  He and I had journeyed to the east coast, to join his other Long Beach friends from the St. Joseph's Church Senior's Club.  He was an encyclopedia of information and would share his facts with anyone who showed an interest.  I feel fortunate to have witnessed him in a setting where he was so comfortable, (he had been building a sail boat for the past probably 15 years), and gave him so much happiness!      

No comments:

Post a Comment