Saturday, July 25, 2009

Riverside Banner Project









Riverside Banner ARTventure

This post is a bit out of order, but having come across this photo, I felt inspired to share. In May, 2009 The Riverside Art Museum held "The biggest outdoor art exhibit and fundraiser ever held in Riverside!". Local artists submitted entries for banners to be displayed on the city streets for nearly two months. Here I am with my entry "Cheeky Orange Picker" at the silent auction held on May 28th. The banner was inspired by an photo my sister in law took for me of my darling nephew Clayton a few years ago, and a visit to the Historic California Citrus State Historic Park. It was great to be a part of this extraordinary event benefiting the Art Alliance of the Riverside Art Museum!

2 comments:

  1. What a FUN picture. Is it still on display?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks BK! The banners are displayed through August, along Van Buren Blvd from the 91 frwy to Magnolia and on Central Avenue from the 91 frwy to Magnolia. I hope you get a chance to see them!

    ReplyDelete